This Loving Cat Looks After Other Sick and Hurt Animals at a Shelter in Poland
An incredibly loving cat, who has itself barely escaped death, is now helping nurse sick and injured animals in a shelter in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
The name of this furry ball of love is Rademenes and he has his own miracle story to share. When he was younger, he had what we could only assume was a near-death experience after he got an upper-respiratory infection. The infection was so bad that he was originally supposed to get euthanized at the animal shelter he now comforts other animals at. For some reason, Rademenes’ time was not up yet, and we may now know why.
This little kitten has become a de facto nurse cat of the animal shelter. He regularly comforts the other cats and dogs who come into the shelter, especially those who have just gone through surgery.
Staff who work at the animal shelter will sometimes call Rademenes a “full-time nurse” given how much comfort and love he provides to all the animals who are admitted there.
Comfort and love isn’t all this kitty gives other animals at the shelter. He also gives a bit of attention to the ears of patients, licking and cleaning them.
This is a heartwarming story that is not the first time that a cat has comforted another cat, or even dog. The video below shows how a cat would come to comfort a dog who became anxious every day after his caretakers left for the day.
Cats have even been comforting humans in a way that has helped them deal with PTSTD! Cats are more empathetic and compassionate that some people give them credit for. With stories like this one, we can’t ignore the fact of just how incredible these little balls of fur really are.
Do you have any inspiring cat stories like this one? Send them in to us! We are always on the lookout for more stories of animals (and humans) doing heartwarming things.
Get uplifting news worth sharing delivered to your inbox
- Privacy-Oriented Search Engine Ecosia Just Planted 100 Million Trees
- Startup Emrod Uses Wireless Electricity Technology First Proven to Be Possible by Nikola Tesla
- This Student Grew a Mushroom Canoe That Actually Floats
- These Creative Hobbies and Wellness Routines Have Exploded in Popularity During COVID-19
- This Dolphin Is Bringing Gifts From the Ocean to Get Humans to Come Back
- This Man Created the ‘Free School Under the Bridge’ in India and Is Now Teaching 300 Students Daily
- New Record Set for the Largest Amount of Plastic Removed From the Great Pacific Garbage Patch